[stylist] Weekly Writing Challenge

Rowena Portch Rowena at rowenaportch.com
Sat Jun 6 19:32:49 UTC 2015

Okay, here is my ten-minute writing snippet. No need to comment on it. I just wanted to share. I’m curious what others come up with.

As I sat there, quietly listening to the couple sitting beside me, I realized how very important communication is. They were having an argument about who said what and why. Now, because I'm blind, I cannot see their facial expressions, but I could feel their body language as if it were as palpable as dust on the table.

The woman spoke, voicing her opinion about the man's point of view on gay people. He had believed that gays should be able to marry, where the woman was opposed of such things. Instead of letting him explain his views, she was more excited about voicing her opinion. Neither of them listened to the other and tensions flared. Soon, the woman was pounding the table. I heard her drink spill onto the table top. Neither them of seemed to have noticed.

A chair scraped, and the man walked away. The woman groaned, slopped up the spilled drink, and followed him out of the store. The tension that had built between them lingered; a dark heavy thickness in the air that was hard to breathe.

R o w e n a  P o r t c h
Author of the Spirian Saga

RowenaPortch.com <http://rowenaportch.com/>

View the Book Trailer for The Spirian Saga, a new paranormal romance <http://youtu.be/XeNmJkXyJv0>