[stylist] Test

Rowena spirianauthor at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 14:48:43 UTC 2015

Sem,

I hear you when you say you have unique tastes. I, too, find some very popular works less than to my liking. The ones I do like tend to not be popular. I'm not sure what that says about me, but it is what it is.

In my other writing group, we really don't get into whether or not we like a piece. We ask questions to the author to get them thinking about what the have written. For example, what is the main character's problem? What is he trying to resolve? What other problems arise as a result of trying to resolve them? Stuff like that. We point out when too many adjectives are used, or when POV is confusing or conflicting.

I've learned that part of being a good writer is taking what is valuable to you and leaving the rest to simmer in the background. More times than not, the stuff I leave simmering rears its head when I need it the most and the thorn that had been jabbing in my side for years suddenly becomes an epiphany.

Rowena
Author of the Spirian Saga
http://RowenaPortch.com