[stylist] lessons learned

EvaMarie Sanchez 3rdeyeonly at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 02:51:10 UTC 2015

Debbi, That is true. We cannot measure someone elses skills by another's,
or by our own. As long as someone is getting something out of it then it is
needed. It is like my guide dog school. Some schools say a person must be
totally blind to get a dog. Or they must be working or going to school. Or
some other restriction that limits who can get a dog. At my school, they
figure if the dog makes a person safer than they would be without, then
that is enough.
Not everybody is going to be reading War and Peace in Braille, but what
they do with it is important to them. And I see nothing wrong with knowing
the difference between a can of chili beans and a can of pears.
Eve

 President, National Federation of the Blind Northern Arizona
2nd Vice President, National Federation of the Blind Writers' Division
Committee Chair, Arizona Association of Guide Dog Users
Affiliate Member, National Federation of the Blind Legislative Committee
Affiliate Member, National Federation of the Blind Membership Committee
Member, Slate & Style Editing Team

"You do not need to have vision to see the stars."