[stylist] Thanks to All

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Sun Jun 28 18:12:19 UTC 2015

Bill,
I have read your two poems, as everything else on the list. I had no time
for other than quick reply's. Medical appointments, a grandson's wedding,
etc. has demanded what might be called my writing time.
Your poems require more than just a quick response.
Your latest one about the waitress really got to me. When I was first
married, I was a waitress at Howard Johnson's in Florida when my husband and
I struck out for adventure rather than teaching and school administration.
I still remember so well the heavy plates with liners arcing up my arm, the
tired aching feet after a shift, and the efforts to be smiling and inclusive
to all no matter what the stresses. You have captured this so well in your
poem with your usual verve with words and original phrases.
Your Pool one did leave me wanting more, and I agree that a trilogy about
water is a wonderful idea. Rain, yes. If you lived near Puget Sound, that is
a magnificent source of inspiration right there.
I went fishing there with a friend and all his brothers, and I caught the
first fish, a beautiful big salmon which we later barbecued in foil. The
kinds of fish, everything that went on from the navigation, baiting the
hooks, how to manage with no facilities on board and six men, etc. hooked me
completely.
Your writing is so varied in terms of subjects, large and small, and always
full of unusual meaning and creative thought.

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.
Delmore Schwartz