[stylist] Poem - "Oz" - Secondish Draft

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 19:11:25 UTC 2015

Bill,

Being a Ozaphile and obsessed with Judy Garland, I like that you use these
as topics and metaphors. In particular, I like the lines:

The Lollipop Guild, the Lullabye League, the fallen house and the witch
beneath it,her comic awful feet protruding like blackest slapstick.

And

like witch's double take, her frightened skyward glance when Glinda hints,
loopy light, it's raining witch hating houses.

As for meaning, I take this two ways. I see it as a metaphor addressing
homosexuality and the way people still treat gays. I also see it as a
general metaphor addressing anyone deemed different, whether it be in
appearance, religion, sexual orientation or anything else. I may be way off,
but this is how I perceive the poem.

Regardless, I love that you used Oz in any way, smile.

Bridgit