[stylist] Poem - "Blade Runner" - Final Draft

William L Houts lukaeon at gmail.com
Sat May 16 18:24:00 UTC 2015

HI Gang,

I wrote this some time ago, and may have already posted it here, though
I don't think so.  The subject, as the title says, is the Ridley Scott
movie "Blade Runner", which starred Harrison Ford and Rutger Hauer.  I
was heavily influenced by this movie, and by the Philip K. Dick novel,
"Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" on which it is based.  As always,
your comments are welcome.

--Bill

---

Blade Runner

The robot, the replicant, the used up woman's

been retired, aired out with a rocket gun;

wielded by Deckard, our handsome hero,

and O how hapless he was, damaged by

Zhora'serotic gymnastics.

O spy her, as she takes her pleasures from

the phony serpent, her cousin, cooked up

in the gene vats somewhere downtown.

You've done it right, Deckard:

sent her screaming through worlds,

plates of illusion she shatters,

including your innocence, which has

drained off by the day on this case.

You know the score, pal: ride roughshod

over the little people, or be little yourself.

And Rachel, Zhora's sister, betrayed by their maker,

stitches together a human life

from photographs and spiders:

brutal cop, bastard font, you tell her

its myths and mass market lies.

And at last You're meant to get Baty,

That strange apocalypse, man without mother,

who presses to red jelly

the arrogant eyes of Tyrell,

their corporate father, bland and malign.

But it'sBaty who saves you,

murderous roof christ, your blond

poet twin, hauling you handwise

from death's falling edge; he dies.

but you drive home,

dreaming green country, Rachel and rain.

--

"Oh, Sophie!  Whyfore have you eated all de cheeldren?"