[stylist] stylist Digest, Vol 139, Issue 1

tickpub at juno.com tickpub at juno.com
Tue Nov 3 00:44:16 UTC 2015

Monday, November 02, 2015

Reply to Sarah:

In my humble opinion, you should write your own BIO! You know best about
what you want to tell about yourself, but have your editor check it for
mistakes.

If someone else wrote my BIO, I would end up being an Ape living in the
South Pacific, half smuggler and part time saint, and my family would
have a hissy
about the saint part!

As a description of your book, I feel you should also write this
yourself. Again, have a friend or your editor go over it, give you
pointers, and lend assistance wherever needed. You must be able to put
your own feelings into that description but there are certain rules to
follow. Read about how to do this and try to capture the feeling of the
book inside that description. I once had an editor write a description
and she was a mile off as far as my personal feelings and perspective. If
you can write the book, you certainly can write the description. In fact,
sometimes it works great if you write the full  description of your book
ahead of time. It works as an outline and you have something to guide
you. An editor might not capture your feelings about the book but I will
say that there are exceptions to the rule.

I have to laugh at the one rule about ones BIO, write your obituary and
see what you have to say about yourself and your life!
That is it Folks!
Old blind Mike

TickPub Thanks You,
All The Best And More,
Regards And Respect From Michael!
Just Click On The Blue Linked Book On The Shelf!