[stylist] submission for stylist

Estelle Shukert samsestelleshuke at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 14 21:03:21 UTC 2015

Hello,
  We are new to stylist and to publishing, but are excited about getting into the business and putting some children's stories with  braille, large print and some tactile pictures out "there" for the blind and sighted to share. We have already "published" a coloring book:  "I am a Crayon. What Color am I?"  and have had a good response - at least for beginners! John Batron who is the author, seems to have a never ending supply of ideas and stories. His 5 grandchildren are certainly part of his inspiration!
  So, we thought we would send you a little bit of one of his stories to get some comments and suggestions. We have tried to listen in on some of the phone conferences. We would also like to know if we could get a list and the code numbers to listen to the recordings of the ones we miss.
  Well, here goes:

Santa Gives Up Christmas Because He is Going Blind
  by John Batron

  Christmas has just passed and once again Santa noticed that getting around the world was  more difficult each year.  This year, if not for his reindeer, he truly believed that he would not have found his way back to the North Pole.  With their great guidance, they all were able to get home safely.
  Mrs. Claus noticed that something was wrong.  Santa shook his head and said, "No."
  But later,  he told her he was going to make an appointment with the eye doctor.  In a few days, he and the Mrs. were in the eye doctor's office.
  The doctor gave Santa a thorough examination and told them that there was nothing that could be done, that he was starting to get old and that he was losing his vision.
  "What should I do?" said Santa.
  The doctor told him that he should go home and let the Mrs. take care of him from now on.
  Santa said, "What about my toy shop and all the children?"
  The doctor said, "You'll just have to give that all up."
  Santa jumped to his feet and yelled, "Never!"  He stormed out, the visit was over!

  Well I guess that's just a tickler, but we look forward to any comments.
  Blessings and thanks for all you do,  Estelle Shukert