[stylist] Hindsight story- editing sample

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 01:41:06 UTC 2016

Hi Bridgit, I notice it a lot with blind folks, especially those
who did not learn braille as children, tried to read large print
or just did everything using readers or listening to books being
read.  If you don't actually read words on a page, you don't know
how sentences, paragraphs, homonyms, etc.  should look.  I wish
so much that I could just get up on a roof somewhere and yell at
all these teachers of blind kids who are saying, well, if they
can read large print, they don't need braille, or well, they can
listen with computers, etc.  Sorry, didn't mean to get on my
soapbox, but it frustrates me.  And it's not the fault of the
young folks coming up, it's the fault of educators and parents
who either will not or cannot fight for braille for their kids,
or don't think it's important.     Peace,    Debby