[stylist] Fees for professional writing

Sarah Massengale skmassengale at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 18:39:57 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

My name is Sarah Massengale, and I’m new to this list.  Mostly, my writing is a hobby, but I’ve recently started doing some business and professional writing.

I recently received a request to do some of this sort of writing for a small music academy in my area, however, I’m a bit at a loss because the employer would like me to determine my own fees.  The sorts of writing I may be doing are  radio announcements, newspaper press releases, text for the website and social media pages and letters to gather financial support for the academy.  I also may be doing some editing and proofreading.  Do any of you have an idea as to what an acceptable range of fees would be for these services?  Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sarah