[stylist] London calling

EvaMarie Sanchez 3rdeyeonly at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 02:10:57 UTC 2016

Hello Writers, This is going out to members as well, so I apologize if you
are getting it twice. Twice is better than not at all though.
I received the following from Hayden Wallace Dahmm of London:

Dear Ms. Sanchez,

My name is Hayden Dahmm, and I am an engineering graduate student at
Imperial College, London, sponsored by a Marshall Scholarship. I also
happen to be blind, and I am hoping to share an opportunity that might be
of interest to the NFB Writers division.

I am writing on behalf of Exceptions, an art and literary journal for
individuals with visual disabilities. Our publication features original,
creative work by persons who are blind, visually  impaired or elsewhere on
the visual ability spectrum. Exceptions is now making an open call for
submissions of fiction, non-fiction, poetry or other media to be featured
in our next publication. The submission deadline is 1 April, 2016, and all
are encouraged to apply. I am wondering if the Writers Division might be
willing to support our efforts by sharing this information and the attached
flier with your members.

To learn more about Exceptions, you can refer to our website (
www.exceptionsjournal.com). Please feel free to direct any inquiries to
myself (hwdahmm at live.com) or fellow Exceptions editor Craig Pearson (
csp40 at cam.ac.uk). Any assistance that you can offer would be greatly
appreciated.

Kind regards,

I asked Hayden about if the writing that they were looking for needed to be
about blindness. He assured me that it did not. They are looking for all
types of genres of writing. Below is the attachment that he referred to.

Happy writing.

Eve Sanchez
 President, National Federation of the Blind Northern Arizona
President, National Federation of the Blind Writers' Division
Member, Slate & Style Editing Team
Editor, Tapestry, a TAWN publication
"You do not need to have vision to see the stars."