[stylist] Poem: Blue Button

Bill Outman woutman at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 10 02:17:09 UTC 2016

Here is a poem I wrote tonight that was inspired by a blind friend's
experience with an inaccessible web form with a blue button that could not
be accessed in order to complete it.  I am writing as if in her voice, but
any of uswithout sufficient vision to interpret a computer screen would run
into this problem.

Any comments are welcome.

Bill Outman

Blue Button

When I came to a web form

I wished only I had proper access.

If to its requirements I could conform

I could achieve full success.

You tell me to click the button that's blue

I reply I simply cannot see, what can I say?

And without physical vision I see no hue

No matter if green, orange or gray.

I am left wondering what to do.

For with the computer voice it cannot be read

I'm left feeling very blue,

And it's enough to make me see red

If I could sense the color by touch,

Or if it only had the proper tag