[stylist] Poem: "Falling"

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Sun Oct 2 14:16:28 UTC 2016

Bill,
I had hoped to do a deeper critique of both of your poems, "Falling," and
"Coffee Mug," but other e-mails crowded in.
Let me just say that Chris found the errors, and, Yes, I would recommend
that you get over any animosity toward the spell checker, and use it
consistently. When I remember, it picks up spaces, and all kinds of things I
might miss.
Coffee mug uses a word brail. Did you mean Braille?
Your old style comes out in this poem. While inventive, it does interfere a
bit with its accessibility. Our poets who read it, got your meaning.
I like that you gave such meaning to a Walmart coffee mug.
Falling was much more to my taste as I have had that experience with its
consequent challenge to getting up with "bloody knees," and carrying on with
determination.
I did feel a bit of negativity to the on-lookers of this in your poem.
My experience is very positive about everybody who has been close to one of
my wobbly mishaps. Most curiosity is always mixed with helping in whatever
way that they know how to. If not always appropriate, the intent is
well-meaning.
Did I misread your assessment of the "seeing" population?
Your poems are always a challenges, and I look forward to more.

Jackie Lee