[stylist] What are you Reading Right Now?

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Thu Oct 13 15:28:29 UTC 2016

I'm currently reading 'A Problem of Plumbing and Other Stories' by James
Bellarosa  (copyright 1989) This book of 14 short stories all ffeature
protagonists who areled. The author is wheelchair bound as a result of
contracting polio as a child. Most of the stories are slightly humorous, and
illustrate aspects of life that people with disabilities know very
well--difficulty finding or gaining access to a bathroom; being treated like
a child; being manhandled by people who think they are helping, but then get
offended when you tell them to stop; difficulty dating, and so on. The
stories are a bit dated, and all (so far) feature characters in wheelchairs
or with bad limps, so it's not really covering a variety of disabilities as
I'd hoped. I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Chris