[stylist] Short Piece, "Inner Rebellion"

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 13:38:48 UTC 2016

Vejas,

Nice little snipet of a story. I like the angsty tone.

I'm not sure I would consider this a rebellious teen at all, and definitely
not a worse nightmare, grin. I suspect most teens feel this way. In fact,
most adults feel this way. To me, this demonstrates a mature teen instead of
a bad one. They realize responsibility, and that sometimes you have to do
things in life you don't want too, but you can't always complain and whine
and be argumentative.

Now, supressing emotions can lead to an outburst. When feelings boil over,
usually you can explode. So perhaps if you move forward with this story,
your main character can go through a transformation by learning how to
express emotions and feelings in a healthy way. Maybe a blow-up can happen,
and Clive learns that he has to balance being responsible and neutral with
sharing feelings and thoughts. Just a suggestion.

Bridgit