[stylist] Web sites and blogs

Joanne Alongi salongi712 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 22 02:47:47 UTC 2016

Regarding self-promotion, the good thing or drawback however you want to view it is that with self promotion you can do it at your own speed. My suggestion is make a master list of the things you want to accomplish and then break that list into sections and start working on them one by one. Four instance, I have a lot The library is on the list and I am contacting them one by one to set up displaying my book. It is going slowly but going and that to me is what is important. That's the biggest thing about self promotion is having that master list to start with so that something actually gets accomplished and you can see physical evidence of it. As far as a blog or website I publish stories on story mania.com which I have been doing for about 12 years. Some of the things on that side are not the best but you can always find good things on there and I am one of them. You keep the copyright and you can remove it at any time. And yes people can take your work by just copying and pasting and you probably would lose it if someone did that but I have never had any trouble that I know of. I haven't published on that site for a while. I have a store on Lulu.com for the paper back in hardcover version of my book and hopefully we will continue with this site for the second novel. I had a website at one time but it expired because I did not purchase it for a second for your running. Story mania is very easy and still remains that way to publish things on. Can I use jaws and I have never had a problem posting to that website. It's interesting to go back and read my stories. Some of them are really good I read them and I say I could not write that now. And I have my journal entries about the railroad there. There is not a link on my signature to it and I'm trying to fix the link to my book it's on Lulu.com and if you go to the search field and look up trespasser you will see two listings one of them is mine and if you click on that you will get a link to the paperback and of the hardcover version. I am planning a recording of an audio version and I think I'm going to do it next year. I just am paying someone to transcribe my booking to Braille. That way I can do my own recording. Anyway, I am really good at making lists and planning things unless I get in a writing mode which is what my life is all about these days. So, as far as Facebook goes I don't publish any of my writing there. I publish links to it but I do not use the notes section for that. That is my elementary pitch on self promotion and websites. Good luck and keep dreaming :-)

Shelley, Queen of bells out!
Trespasser by Shelley Alongi (Hardcover) - Lulu
Trespasser by Shelley Alongi (Hardcover) - Lulu
]]

]]]]