[stylist] Bewildering stories

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 15:01:42 UTC 2016

The reason editors do not provide feedback for most publication submissions
is they simply don't have the time. It's nothing personal. Some
publications, not many, but some will provide feedback for a small fee if
you request it. But it takes a lot of time to provide feedback for an entire
piece, and editors just don't have the time. It's not common at all to
receive feedback from a rejection.

If you want commentary on your writing, you need to seek out story editors
whom either work for companies or freelance editors. And you want a story
editor, not just a copyeditor. There's a big difference between the two. And
you will have to pay for these services.

Bridgit