[stylist] {Spam?} The Big Chicken! (Help edit please)

tickpub at juno.com tickpub at juno.com
Tue Sep 13 17:42:31 UTC 2016

The big chicken:

I'm always in the search for a story. Wherever I go, I openly ask the
people there if they have any stories to tel. this last week I was at my
barber shop. when it came time for my haircut and I had sat down, I
turned to the technicians, reminding them that I was a story teller and
was tired, so now I needed some stories from them. Anything would do,
just tell me something that took place in their lives.

Most of the gals there that day were of the  Taiwanese race and were shy
but did speak with that quiet English voice.

After I asked some questions about what they did in life, I joked around
asking if they were hunters, or mountain climbers and this got a laugh
out of them. but this was my way in breaking the ice.

 One gal Leebu, told of how her and her husband bought a  boat and went
fishing in the lake. A few fish but most dangerous, we no not swims, she
told us.

Besides this, no significant narrative came  my way. I explained to them
that their business would grow much larger if they knew how to tell
stories. Then as I was paying for my haircut this Leebu must have
misunderstood what I had said about growing their business larger. For
she smiled and began a very different narrative. "Before I come to
America, my husband brought me here to meet his family. I soon see that
most all Americans are much large, very big, they grow much. We go to
family dinner and there we eat food like I never see before." She handed
me back my change and once again laughed and said, "When I go back home
to my village, I tell everyone everything. I explain why Americans so big
and so fat. I told everyone how huge their chickens are. I tried showing
them how big just one chicken is and feeds entire family of 20 people
with much meat left over, huge chickens, and now I know why they so big!"

The village listeners could hardly believe that a chicken could grow that
big but Leebu assured them that this was so.

"Then when my husband came to take me to America, somehow the question of
this huge chicken came up from several curious villagers." My husband at
first was puzzled but then figured it out. He had to laugh and explained
to everyone, including Leebu, that the big bird was not a chicken but a
Turkey!
There in America, they serve turkey for a thanksgiving dinner and some of
them can weigh up to 30 pounds! So we have this dinner with many friends
and only serve one giant chicken!"

Now I got a good story along with a nice haircut. Be on the lookout for a
good quick story. Don't be afraid to ask strangers for a story, everyone
has a story to tell.

Michael M. Tickenoff

TickPub Thanks You,
All The Best And More,
Regards And Respect From Michael!
Just Click On The Blue Linked Book On The Shelf!