[stylist] A first for me: Your poem in the NFSPS Encore anthology

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Tue Sep 20 17:30:09 UTC 2016

Georgia and the Stylist list, I hope this attachment works.
A bit of background. I do not have a guide dog. When I was at the Vet School for the Blind in Tucson, I had an eighteen year old housemate who was completely blind, and had a dog that she let out often in the middle of the night. I worried myself sick for we were in an isolated part of the campus. I used to wait outside until she got in safely. I remember the sounds and the light of the moon.
Incidentally, I consider this far from my best poem. However, there is no accounting for judges, and I am happy if it draws attention to a part of living without sight.

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.
Delmore Schwartz