[stylist] NFB Writers' Division: Results of the 2017 Writing Contest

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 21:40:45 UTC 2017

Given below are the winners in the 2017 annual writing contest sponsored by the NFB Writers’ Division. All winners will be notified in writing, and prizes will be mailed shortly.

We would like to thank everyone who entered the contest, and hope we will see submissions from you for the contest next year. Keep in touch for future announcements. Submissions for the contest next year can be entered from January 1 to April 30. See our Division website, http://writers.nfb.org, for details about the contest and the Division in general.

Congratulations to all the winners!

***

Adult Fiction:

First Place; "For Love of a Human"by , Rd Sollars, Arizona
Second Place; "Days are Evil"by Robert Gardner, Illinois
Third Place;  Leaving. By Abbie Taylor, Wyoming

Honorable Mention; "Cosmic Bowling"by Shawn Jacobson, Maryland

Adult Non-Fiction:

First Place; There was none this year.

Second Place; Kettle Working for the Salvation Army by Eric Smiley, California

Third Place; Magnificent Meadow by Tony Eames, California

Adult Poetry:

First Place; Her Library of Congress by Jackie Williams, Arizona

Second Place; Silver Cloud Dancer by Lynda McKinney Lambert, Pennsylvania

Third Place; If I Were a Button Hole by Jackie Williams, Arizona

Honorable Mention; Eternally Intertwined by RD Sollars, Arizona

Stories for Youth:

First Place; What Do You Eat? By John Batran, Colorado

Youth Contest:

Elementary Fiction:

First Place; My Special Horse by Ruby Spears, Louisiana

Second Place; Magic On Ice by Joshua Fields, Illinois

Third Place; Pokemon by William Souza, California

Elementary Poetry:

First Place; Misconceptions by Delaney Brooks, Virginia

Second Place; Orange by John Paul Corman, New Jersey

Third Place; Church by John Paul Corman, New Jersey

Middle School Fiction:

First Place; Oh No! I’m Stuck In a Nightmare by Monserath Espinola, California

Middle School Poetry:

First Place; Needed Chevy Truck by Levi Carter

Second Place; Of Man and Nature by Rocco Romeo, California

High School Poetry;

First Place; Untitled by Chloe Ashcroft, Louisiana