[stylist] My Total Solar Eclipse Experience

Kendra Schaber redwing731 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 22:55:31 UTC 2017

My Total Solar Eclipse Experience

I arrived at my viewing spot shortly before 9 in the morning on Monday, August 21, 2017. As I write a text to a friend, the eclipse starts. I tried my eclipse glasses a good ten times with no luck but that didn't matter. I pulled up a live stream on my KGW news app because they are real time and since I wound up eclipse viewing solo, I turned to technology to get most of my view. I also got the discription of first contact on eclipse soundscapes, yet another app before I turned to KGW news. I also tried Tune In Radio and NASA but didn't get the Comintern that I was looking for. So, I stuck with KGW news for the show. As I watched, I got a very funny discription on the broadcast. They said"it looks like one EMOGy eating another EMOGY", some said like the avatars in Pack Man where one monster eats another. I continued watching as a baseball game got started on the news where they showed the first pitch of the game. The Valcanos had started their big eclipse game!!! As that happened, the news viewers got different comintaters from different eclipse watchers. The sun steadily grew dimmer and dimmer. The sky steadly grew darker and darker. The birds fell silent. Car horns sounded from time to time and people gathered in the fairgrounds. As the sun became a crescent sun, someone on KGW said"it looks like a banana". The baseball game got an eclipse delay much to everyone's amazement. "I've heard of rain delays but not eclipse delays", one KGW reporter said. As it got darker and darker, the temprature promptly dropped and I actually got cold. I didn't mind one bit!!! I wanted the whole packige. As the sky continued to get darker and darker, the shadow of my hand on my shirt got dimmer and dimmer. I even lost the hand shadow for a time. As I went, I occasionally spoke to the gods asking them to banish the world's negative energy. The energy in the air around me rose as the temprature dropped and the sky darkened. It continued as the count down to totallity ticked on! As it got close to the totallity, the temprature dropped a good 20 degrees by feel and the sky seemed more like an artificial light. The sky was as clear blue as a totally clear sunset. Not a cloud could be seen around me. I looked around and around to watch the sky get darker and darker. Then, it got as dark as night or super close to it. The temprature was as cold as the later half of sundown. In fact, I felt colder then than I did at any point during last night's sunset. All of a sudden, the sky was dark as night and the sun was totally gone!!! An almost eary wave came over head as it came up to this point. Once the sun was gone however, the tension promptly broke! People were cheering. I joined in. I yelled "totallity!!!" And then cheered. Fireworks were going off as though it was the sunset of Independence Day except that the fireworks didn't build into the big finality that is always seen at Independent's Day. The cheers quickly fell silent as everyone took in the moment. I promptly looked where the sun was to discover some more light but it was a bit like the Aurora Borealis, I noticed mostly red, orange and yellow lines and waves that were barely noticeable but still there. The sky was compleetly dark and other than intermittent cheers and fireworks, the air was totally still and cold. The energy was an electric charge during this point. I clapped as the fireworks went off. I also cheered some more, even hailing my Pagan goddess for the show. I also watched the clock and used it as a guide because even as I noticed the world around me, I also noticed that the news reporters on KGW fell silent and cheers from the crowd were going on the whole time. Because I had lost my comintaters to totallity, I used my clock as a guide. 10:17, then 10:18, then 10:19 and right around then, the sky brightened and totallity came to a sudden but nice end. The energy was still very electric as the sky changed from black as night to a royal blue and the sun's color and light returned. I cheered and gave another hail to my Pagan goddess as the people in the fairgrounds cheered some more and still more fireworks were going off. Meanwhile, on KGW, drummers started playing their drums as the cheers continued. The news reporters started talking again as the sky got lighter and lighter. The temprature got warmer and warmer. I spoke to the gods again asking them to grow the positive energy that was created by the eclipse. I watched the KGW streem for five or ten more minutes as the sky grew lighter and the temprature grew warmer and warmer. I consulted eclipse soundscapes and listened to the audio that got added. As i have been writing this, the eclipse moves on. The temprature warms up and the birds wake up. The moon moves slowly away, spitting the sun back out as it went. The last contact occurred as I continued to write. Now the temprature rose to warm, now, bordering hot. The sun is now fully bright and the city is acting as though an eclipse had not even happened. The eclipse came as quickly as it went. But I'm still feeling the eclipse energy still hanging in the air. I have just experienced a once in a lifetime event. I'd do it again but only if the gods gave it again. I'll pass on the attached loonicy that came with it. I'll also pass on the prior day dragging by and ending with a test from the gods. The total solar eclipse itself is the real celebration.

Blessed be!!!
Kendra Schaber
National Federation of the Blind
"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear" Author Unknown

 Sent From My GMail EMail account On My IPhone SE. Typed to you with my Keys To Go blue tooth Keyboard, the only keyboard I know to work with an IPhone SE.