[stylist] From your Writing Division gathering hostess

Estelle Shukert samsestelleshuke at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 28 20:10:42 UTC 2017

Hello Shelley,

  My partner and I have been member of the Writers Division for a couple of years. I'm not sure if we are due to pay our dues! I was interested in your comment about self publishing. We tried that one time but were a little disappointed. We thought they would do marketing, but learned later that we would have to pay more for that! Also we were not able to make a second round of edits without a further charge. Any suggestions on a good company for "self" publishing?

  I also wondered if you might know of a publisher in this country that can make braille and print books, with tactile drawings. That's our goal. We are currently trying to get a companion braille book for the printed one that we "self-published." So far our books are short, children's books.

  Thanks for your email. It sounds as if your "gatherings" are in Texas, and we couldn't make that trip. Or are you referring to the phone conferences. We've tried one or two of those.

  Best wishes and thanks again for reaching out!! Estelle Shukert at Ambron Products