[stylist] Find Your Voice

David Russell david.sonofhashem at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 17:38:12 UTC 2017

Hello Cindy and others,

I enjoyed reading this blog post you sent on four steps to find your
writing voice. Writing as one would talk is fascinating, but a
sure-fire way to find your voice. As I become more practiced as a
writer, especially with dialogue, my comfort level with producing the
sporadic incomplete sentence or thought trailing off is increasing
too.

I belong to a critique group where mixing dialogue tags is highly
discouraged. Most of these writers are old school on using tags that
end in said. Let the dialogue convey the emotion not the tag.

All the Best,
--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem at gmail.com

Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.
James A. Michener