[stylist] Marketing Article and Recent Posts

David Russell david.sonofhashem at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 01:36:49 UTC 2017

Hello Writers,

First, thank you Vejas and L Y N D A (Lynda) for your responses to my
recent posts. I to a lot more assuming in life than should be done.
Yes, I know about the right and left arrow keys, and will try to make
mental note to check name spellings using those keys.
 Vejas, as to the marketing article by Angela Hoy, I agree, it would
have been nice for Angela to perhaps share her own learning
experience. I will grant, the article was somewhat an infomercial of
sorts for her book or program.

This is mostly assumption on my part, but from those whom I have had
brief discussion with here:
Bridgit has a network of persons through her MFA program to market
skills or help.
- Lynda is connected with academics and to some extent the blind
community at large.
- Sarah worked with a "traditional ? or self publisher" in getting her
books out.
- Michelle is published on Lulu, and has a team that help print,
produce, and distribute her novels.
To all of you, Who promotes and how?

The better question is how do you go about making a unique promo?
There are jingles we probably each know from memory that we'll never
forget. Those are unique promotions.

My editor who is sighted made the observation, paraphrasing, you will
probably hear things from these writers about writing and publishing
that sighted people take for granted. Let me know what they are.
She wondered, do most blind authors have their books also  recorded
now since braille is expensive?

Cheers,

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem at gmail.com
Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.
James A. Michener