[stylist] Marketing Article, Angela Hoy, Writers Weekly

Tessa puppycat at tbaytel.net
Fri Jul 28 10:50:47 UTC 2017

Interesting, I would have to say that marketing my own material is going to be my biggest challenge. I'm not at all good at self promotion, even if I get paid for it blowing my own horn is going to be painful at best LOL.
A friend self published a collection of her short stories and had a very successful book launch, she was a highschool teacher so has heaps of friends if not students, I don't know if she sold all her books or not, shall have to ask her but she is in the same boat I am where self promotion goes. I was just thinking perhaps the solution is for two people or a group to get together, read each others work then promote the other persons material so everyone gets promoted.
I guess the other thing is how much money you want to make, there's a sign on the highway advertizing a book, I can't remember the title now but it's funny because this is the fellows only method of promotion. A touch odd but I don't think he's too interested in selling.
Tessa