[stylist] Marketing Article, Angela Hoy, Writers Weekly

P. Campbell pcampbell16 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 28 12:15:55 UTC 2017

I think I hear an echo! Maybe it has something to do with the way I was
brought up. "Don't brag, Phyllis." It isn't bragging to promote one's
book, but I can't shake the feeling that it is. Add to ththat the  fact
that social media and I sometimes don't seem to speak the same language,
and sometimes I wonder why I ever thought I could sell that wretched
book. Upward and onward, I tell myself. Please, people, with good
thoughts, and any advice you might have, help me soar!

Blessings,

Phyllis

Interesting, I would have to say that marketing my own material is going
to be my biggest challenge. I'm not at all good at self promotion, even
if I get paid for it blowing my own horn is going to be painful at best
LOL.
A friend self published a collection of her short stories and had a very
successful book launch, she was a highschool teacher so has heaps of
friends if not students, I don't know if she sold all her books or not,
shall have to ask her but she is in the same boat I am where self
promotion goes. I was just thinking perhaps the solution is for two
people or a group to get together, read each others work then promote
the other persons material so everyone gets promoted.
I guess the other thing is how much money you want to make, there's a
sign on the highway advertizing a book, I can't remember the title now
but it's funny because this is the fellows only method of promotion. A
touch odd but I don't think he's too interested in selling.
Tessa