[stylist] Plot and Character Development?

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 21:45:32 UTC 2017

David,

First, essays don't always follow a linear order either.

What the critique probably refers to is using flashbacks with scenic
development to reveal plot/characterization.

If a majority of readers make similar comments, it's probably something to
work on. If your audience is not understanding or not responding positive,
it may require revision in the text. Ultimately, it's up to you if you want
to make changes or not though.

I learned in a workshop environment, so I'm used to sitting there, quiet,
taking in what others think of my work, positive and negative. If a good
critique, it's meant to be constructive and not just tear down.

Bridgit