[stylist] Critiques By Others

David Russell david.sonofhashem at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 13:47:29 UTC 2017

Hello Writers,

First, thanks Bridgit for your reply to my post of yesterday on the
matter of critiques. I did go hunting for short story articles and
found something quite useful talking about the difference between
short story and novel. The gist of the article is that short story is
an art form and not easy to write. It is not a miniature novel.
It provides a great example of a correct and incorrect first
paragraph. Admittedly, this is one area where experience will improve
my skill level.
The URL is as follows for any interested in reading this:
"The Major Differences Between Writing A Short Story and a Novel"
https://www.universalclass.com/articles/writing/short-story-versus-a-novel.htm

I did send the critiquer the link as away to thank him for his
observations on my story. He tends not to critique others in a
positive manner but goes for the areas of weakness right away. Some
folks are like that!
Cheers,
--
David Russell