[stylist] Sub: I am back!

David Russell david.sonofhashem at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 21:16:36 UTC 2017

Hello Writers,

I took a brief absence from the group but am back again and still as
busy as when taking the absence. Actually, corresponding with Shelley
was one of the reasons I came back as soon as I did. There are no
personal grievances with any of you, rest assured.

I have recently become active with a Facebook group called
Conservative Libertarian Fiction Writers on the recommendation of my
finishing editor. It was to help try and find like-minds who are
interested in Christianity and Messianic Judaism as my anthology,
Waiting For Messiah, fits both camps. In my 3 weeks of being a member,
it has been a hit-and-miss proposition. Finding my audience seems to
be the problem! I have sold enough books to garner a small royalty
check, have a couple reviews, but no sales for over a week.

How to market for holiday shoppers is where my head is spinning.
Personal give-aways work best. Whether those are resulting in
interested others, seems to be questionable.

Another unrelated issue but equally irksome is branch service from my
NLS Library. In two words, it sucks. Has there been a push to move
people toward BAARD and away from requesting books?
No one told me if such is the case. That's where life is today for
yours truly. I have a couple stories pending possible publication.
Glad to be back!

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem at gmail.com