[stylist] Gone With The Wind; some interesting thoughts

Barbara HAMMEL poetlori8 at msn.com
Tue Sep 19 01:59:59 UTC 2017

LOL! I was horribly put out with that book because I wanted Scarlett to marry Ashley Wilkes. I was so disappointed that Margaret made him such a pitiful character. And I hated Melanie. Funny that you saw Scarlett as forthright. I saw her as a real game player. I always felt sorry for Rhett getting involved with her.
My parallel to this book is that I have a niece named Scarlett. Alexandra Ripley's "Scarlett" was coming to television and my sister kept seeing commercials for Scarlett plates — like the ones you eat from but are for decoration.

Barbara Hammel