[stylist] Disc: Which Comes First?

David Russell david.sonofhashem at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 22:03:08 UTC 2017

Hello Writers,

Today, I joined an interesting group on GoodReads, it's under fiction,
for authors and readers. There is a bulletin-board discussion within
this group about book reviews. One side is stating, One needs sales
before reviews; the other is saying reviews bring about sales. Both
make good points for their position.

One variable thrown in is that a review is not an end all and be all,
but a tool in one's marketing kit. I tend to agree.

I am finding with the anthology now two weeks old, direct give-aways
work best. To date, 11 have sold and 19 samples have been downloaded
off smashwords.

Excuse my digression, but what do you think of the review/sales proposition?

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem at gmail.com
"chilah phanim" Make G-d smile!