[Stylist] Transitioning_723 words _Poem & Greeting

llambert at zoominternet.net llambert at zoominternet.net
Thu Feb 15 13:38:31 UTC 2018

Good Morning WPL Friends,

April is just around the corner and you know what that means. The most
important month of the literary year is just about here - National Poetry
Month. It is the most celebrated month-long event in the literary world.
I'll be coming to do a very special presentation in April for our phone
meeting.

Together we will discover our individual  Poetry Journey. I am very excited
about being with you to celebrate National Poetry Month. More on this
special program will be coming.

This morning as I walked with the dogs before dawn, I was thrilled with the
changes taking place. What a difference a day makes when we are in the
transition periods between seasons in western Pennsylvania. Snow is in
patches that are crisp, crystalline. The patches form magnificent organic
shapes - creatures floating on the wet muddy-green sea of winter grass.
Beneath my feet the world is a soft sponge.  After a day and night of rain,
this is what remains. Amid the snow, are breathing holds for the moles, and
deep indentations where the fall leaves are pushing up from their winter
burial plots.  As I walked through the dusky morning woods the pathway felt
deep like a well-stuffed cushion. "All of this glory," I thought.  The fall
leaves lay there all winter. Each changing in a subtle and hidden place. Now
those fallen leaves are exposed. Their colour is deeply stained walnut
browns and they appear to be highly polished by the layers of weathering
they have been undergoing. There is surely a poem nestled beneath that
melting snow. What will you find in your day, that has the potential to
become a poem or essay?

>From exactly the point where you are presently, at this moment, something
extraordinary  is waiting to be discovered by you. Will you take that
opportunity? It will never come again. GRAB IT!

In the latest issue of Naturewriting Literary Magazine, there is a poem I
wrote from an inspiration I had last winter. A surprise  was  waiting on the
counter in my kitchen. I walked over to take a closer look. I got out my
camera and photographed it from many different angles. It was so glorious I
wanted to remember it forever. You can read the poem that was born from that
one moment.

Here is where it is today:
https://naturewriting.com/partridge-breasted-aloe/

If you would like to read it on this post, keep on going. I pasted it below
for you.

Partridge Breasted Aloe

  _____

She thrust her pointed daggers
upward and outward
concave deep green leaves
adorned with white spots
front and back.
Basks in winter sunshine.
from a center core at the base
spiny and plump
with white designs
on the spruce green leaves.

Winter is flowering season
one long stem bursts above
like a quiet barn swallow
shooting up from the center
of a rosette in the springtime
one salmon pink flower
fills my mornings with a delicate scent
no fragrance can match
the fragile beauty of her perfume.

Partridge Breast is a sun worshipper
thrives in the south-facing window
prefers to drink less in winter.

Partridge Breast is the Queen of my collection
succulents and cacti, my delights.
Partridge Breasted Aloe brings
a sense of peace to my home.
When spring rains turn towards
Summer's cat-like days
my succulent friends spend their
vacation on my sun-drenched porch
where no grooming is necessary.

By Lynda McKinney Lambert, 2017

  _____

Lynda is the author of Concerti: Psalms for the Pilgrimage, Available on
Amazon.com and Walking by Inner Vision: Stories & Poems (go to Author's Page
order this book). Visit her Website & Blog www.lyndalambert.com and her
Author's Page:
http://www.dldbooks.com/lyndalambert/. She was nominated for "Best of the
Net" for her 2016-2017 Essay. First Snow, Lynda's first Chapbook, is now
ready for publication in 2018. Currently she is working on Star Signs: New
and Selected Poems by Lynda
McKinney Lambert. Expected publication is late 2018. Contact Lynda for more
information.

Visit me:

 <http://www.lyndalambert.com/> www.lyndalambert.com

.and Then We Were Three (Chapbook- 4 Pennsylvania Poets), 2002.

Concerti: Psalms for the Pilgrimage: Poems, Kota Press, 2003

Walking by Inner Vision: Stories & Poems, DLD Books, 2017

Currently in development:  Star Signs: New and Selected Poems by Lynda
McKinney Lambert, 2018

And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate
the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for
days and years. Genesis 1:14 (NES)

First Snow  (Lynda's first chapbook) is now ready for publication in 2018. .

Editors: contact the author for information & viewing this work.

My Author's Page:   <http://www.dldbooks.com/lyndalambert>
http://www.dldbooks.com/lyndalambert