[Stylist] Low Vision and promotion of your books

llambert at zoominternet.net llambert at zoominternet.net
Sat Feb 17 13:29:28 UTC 2018

So. Saturday Morning.

Here's to a great weekend for us all. I'll be learning how to use my new
DaVinci pro - it's a magnificent CCTV, SCANNER, Document reader, and more.
It will scan anything into a number of formats. I plan to scan in a book of
poetry to enjoy this week. It is "Facts About the Moon" by Dorianne Laux. I
also have her book, "Smoke," which is also quite magnificent.  I'll scan
them with the DaVinci Pro into a Word Document, then the DaVinci Pro  will
be able to read them to me. I will now have access to reading from my
extensive library of contemporary poetry books. Of course, I am thrilled at
the thought.

As a follow up to my last post giving you the link to my article on sight
loss, I am now sending the links to Part 2 and 3 of my 3-part series on
coping with Low Vision and sight loss.

When the first article  came out earlier this month, I posted the link on
one of my special Face Book pages. After I posted it, I "boosted" the page
which cost only $20. for two weeks. That means it will be shared constantly
through Face Book for that period of time. This brings in an entirely new
audience of people who  would not ordinarily get any of my posts on Face
Book. I thought this information was worth an investment to help others
learn about sight loss.  Within a couple of days several hundred people
visited the site to learn more about low vision and sight loss.

This may be something that some of you would like to look into for the
promotion of your books. You can market your books in this way, via a
special Face Book Page. In addition to my normal personal Face Book Page, I
have a page for my art studio (River Road Studio) and a page for my writing
(Walking by Inner Vision). The longer the ad runs, the lower the price is
and it is effective.

Here are the 2 additional articles I wrote on this topic of low vision and
sight loss.

Here is Part 2 of my 3-part series on using Low Vision Equipment:

https://www.visionaware.org/blog/visionaware-blog/step-three-to-regain-a-cre
ative-life-after-vision-loss-learn-to-use-low-vision-devices-and-equipment/1
2

Here is Part 3 of my 3-part series on using Low Vision Equipment.

https://www.visionaware.org/blog/visionaware-blog/equipment-and-devices-i-us
e-for-low-vision/12?mode=print

Lynda

*****

Visit me:

 <http://www.lyndalambert.com/> www.lyndalambert.com

.and Then We Were Three (Chapbook- 4 Pennsylvania Poets), 2002.

Concerti: Psalms for the Pilgrimage: Poems, Kota Press, 2003

Walking by Inner Vision: Stories & Poems, DLD Books, 2017

Currently in development:  Star Signs: New and Selected Poems by Lynda
McKinney Lambert, 2018

And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate
the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for
days and years. Genesis 1:14 (NES)

First Snow  (Lynda's first chapbook) is now ready for publication in 2018. .

Editors: contact the author for information & viewing this work.

My Author's Page:   <http://www.dldbooks.com/lyndalambert>
http://www.dldbooks.com/lyndalambert