[Stylist] Reposting: Publishing Poems on Blogs

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Sun Jan 21 17:48:18 UTC 2018

Chelsea,
I am not a blogger, so take this for what it is worth.
I enter contests, mostly through the National Federation of State Poetry Societies. Their rules are stringent as far as nothing must be published anywhere on line to be considered for their contests.
I would suggest that you put your published pieces on your blog, and keep entering contest or submit to other publications to build up your inventory of published pieces.
It takes perseverance, but you have shown this because you now have a blog. I seem not to want to get on the social  networks, so I have 49 published poems that do not have a home where others can find them.
I do not recommend this. I just cannot keep up with my two classes, tutoring from a tech guy, and do my homework and work on two books. Right now I must finish 31 more poems for a March 15 deadline.
Good luck.
Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.