[Stylist] Reposting: Publishing Poems on Blogs

Chelsea Cook astrochem119 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 23:19:15 UTC 2018

Hi again, I think there was a technical glitch with my last posting. Here is the original message:

Greetings writers,

Happy New year! I hope your writing year is off to a great start.
I have a question for the bloggers amongst our group. I have my own blog—just started last year. There’s not much there yet but I’m considering putting up some of my poetry. How does this work from a publishing perspective? If you put a poem online, is it then considered “published,” and unable to be submitted to magazines, etc? I know this issue can get dicey, so am asking around and any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and may you have a wonderful writing year,
Chelsea