[Stylist] Bookshare vs. BAARD

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Tue Jan 23 14:54:23 UTC 2018

David,

To unzip a BARD download, go to your downloads folder, and if you are using
JAWS, just put the cursor on the book you want to unzip (simply leave it
alone when it reads the book title, etc...) Use shift, F10. Arrow down I
think 3 times, and it will read "extract all files" so hit enter. It will
take a minute or so to unzip, and then the unzipped version of the book will
go to the top of your list in your downloads folder. You can tell it's
unzipped because it won't read 'Zipped' at the end of the title. From there
you can select it, copy it to your clipboard, and put it on your device or
thumb drive.

It's actually very easy once you've done it a few times. While I subscribe
to bookshare because they have many books that BARD doesn't, I greatly
prefer listening to a live reader.

Chris