[Stylist] Winning Poem

Jacobson, Shawn D Shawn.D.Jacobson at hud.gov
Mon Jul 30 11:48:31 UTC 2018

Lynda

Congratulations!

Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Stylist <stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Linda Lambert via Stylist
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2018 7:00 PM
To: 'Writers' Division Mailing List' <stylist at nfbnet.org>
Cc: llambert at zoominternet.net
Subject: Re: [Stylist] Winning Poem

Hi Writing Friends at the Division:

Recently, I received a letter in the mail that announced my poem selection, "Minotaur," as winning the Honorable Mention Award in this year's contest.

Of course, I am delighted to learn this.

I am particularly delighted because this poem is so deeply personal.  It was written in the past year - in my 74th year of life.

My desire in writing this poem, was to put into words a memory I had from a time when I did not yet know language or could not speak.

I was an infant in my crib, and it was during WWII, as my mother and my aunt took care of me.  Their husbands were in Europe, drafted into the Army.

My father left when I was 2 weeks old. He returned  after I was 2 years old.
The poem describes the sights, sounds, and fears of living during the nightly blackouts.  I never asked my mother about my memories until I was about 50 years old.  She brought new information to my memories that enlightened me. But, I chose to write the poem only from my earlies memories and well before the time when I understood what I saw and heard.

You can read it on my blog at:  http://www.lyndalambert.com/minotaur-poem/

I also give you a sound recording of me reading the poem on this blog article.

I hope you enjoy the poem.

I also hope you write about your own first memories. And, if you do,  I'd like to read your poem or story.

Lynda Lambert

___________

About Lynda McKinney Lambert

On FaceBook:

My FaceBook Personal Page <https://www.facebook.com/lyndamckinneylambert>

River Road Studio Page
<https://www.facebook.com/River-Road-Studio-175785105811956/>

Walking by Inner Vision Page
<https://www.facebook.com/walkingbyinnervision/>

My SCAN BLOG Page <https://www.facebook.com/SCAN-782814908467623/>

Visit my 2 Blogs:

 <http://www.lyndalambert.com/> Website & Blog:  Walking by Inner Vision - personal blog

Scan Blog <http://www.llambert363.blog/>  - A quiet Place of Inspiration. We love Art, Nature, Literature

More information on my books:

My Author's Page <http://www.dldbooks.com/lyndalambert>

Buy the book on Amazon - for $3.99
<https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Inner-Vision-Stories-Poems/dp/1543121624/ref
=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1532177952&sr=1-1&keywords=Walking+by+Inner+Visi
on>

Walking by Inner Vision: Stories
<https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Inner-Vision-Stories-Poems/dp/1543121624/ref
=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1532177952&sr=1-1&keywords=Walking+by+Inner+Visi
on> & Poems

Contact Lynda:  riverwoman at zoominternet.net <mailto:riverwoman at zoominternet.net>

Address: 104 River Road, Ellwood City, PA 16117