[Stylist] Opinion Piece Quite Informative by a Blind Author

David Russell david.sonofhashem at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 12:28:08 UTC 2018

Bridgit,
No, Grisham seems to write about a lawyer who is defending someone
against a glut if you will be it a entity like a corporation, business
venture or something else. The defense attorney also is involved in
backstory of exposing a law firm for questionable or corrupt
practices. John Grisham may have a main character in mind, but on
further thought, main characters seem to make up his novels. Same for
another writer, Jeffry Archer, example, "Kane and Abel". Grinning
back.

I didn't quite box Chris's comment or Laurie Alice's piece into solely
writing about blind characters, but took each to be representing
themselves as blind authors and speaking to that experience. I may
have misinterpreted either.

Some time ago, I read "If You Could See What I Hear", autobio by Tom
Sullivan, not the talk show host of radio today. Now, he was the main
character and also blind. I think marketing in the '70s helped make
him known nationally at that time as a sort of 'super guy'. As I wind
up editing my autobio, I will try and focus on making sure other
characters get fair time as people tire of hearing one horn beep for
any length of time; thanks for the kind exhort!

David