[Stylist] Notice of Writers Division telephone gathering Sunday, September 23

Shelley Alongi alongi.shelley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 14:38:44 UTC 2018

Hello Writers,

The September Writers' Division gathering is upon us. Yes, even though there are five Sundays, we still have our call on the fourth Sunday. that Sunday is this weekend, September 23. Join us on Sunday September 23 for our guest presenter Todd Elzey. He is the author of four self-published books with a web site to show them. In preparation for the call, he writes:

Todd Elzey was raised in Central Ohio.  Todd was born legally blind and spent the majority of his school years at the Ohio State School for the Blind in Columbus Ohio.  After graduating High School in 1984 he moved to California where he worked for the United States Department of Defense, private law firms, and spent 13 years working with the State of California.  In 2003 Todd earned a JD Degree from Lincoln Law School of Sacramento.

While living in California Todd also became involved with the National Federation of the Blind serving as President of the Sacramento Chapter and as President of the Student Division.  In addition, Mr. Elzey served as the Affiliate’s Legislative Officer for three years.  Todd currently serves as the Secretary-Treasurer of the NFB of New York’s At-Large Chapter.

In 2005 Todd moved from California to Upstate New York where he now resides in Phelps.  After relocating to New York, Todd worked as a Medicare Appeal Officer until 2014.

Todd has always enjoyed writing.  His first journalism experience came in about the 4th grade when he wrote his first article for the school newspaper.  When Todd first started college, his initial major was Journalism.  But the desire to write professionally somehow got sidetracked when he ended up working in the legal and government sectors.  Despite this he has always pursued writing in some way, writing articles for a California based wire service, writing for trade publications, etc.  So, in 2014 when he left his job as a Medicare Appeal Officer he began pursuing writing professionally.

Todd currently self-publishes books, with 4 on the market.  In addition, he also writes content for websites and articles for other publications.  Todd also provides business writing services, including grant writing services."
  ***
The call will take place at 8:00 Pm eastern, 7:00 PM central, 6:00 Pm mountain, 5:00 PM pacific.

In order to respect the time commitments of others we will keep the call to one hour. To join our call, dial (515)739-1033 and enter access code 568839 followed by the pound sign.
See you on the phone!
Till then, Keep Dreaming and Writing!

Shelley, Queen of bells out!
 Purchase my ebooks and paperbacks including Trespasser and Brave Pilot t
Http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Queenofbells712