[Stylist] Periodic Table Poem

Jackie jackieleepoet at cox.net
Wed Apr 3 17:54:08 UTC 2019

Barbara,
Okay, you have succeeded in driving me crazy!
I listened first for line length and rhyming. Then I counted syllables. Then
I tried to visualize the columns and lines across the table.
Then, because, though blind, I am still a visual learner, I started dancing
to get my mind off your chart!
Seriously, this is quite a feat, and a real marathon of a poem.
I think you should send it to the Chemistry department at Iowa State College
at Ames, Iowa, and suggest that all of their beginning students spend the
quarter studying this poem. It makes more sense than how I was taught the
elements.

Jacqueline Williams

Clarity is just questioning having eaten its fill.
     Jenny Xie