[Stylist] Food for Thought: NFB Literature for a Younger Audience

Jacobson, Shawn D Shawn.D.Jacobson at hud.gov
Mon Apr 15 11:51:51 UTC 2019

I remember reading "Blindness, Is Literature Against Us" when I was in middle school and it was not above my comprehension.  I believe the reasonably literate middle/high schooler should be able to read a convention speech and understand what we are about.

The question is, do we have literature that discusses NFB philosophy in the current setting, with our issues with the new technology.  I think that the content is comprehensible, but is the tone of the writing something that a millennial would relate to.

Shawn