[Stylist] writing

llambert at zoominternet.net llambert at zoominternet.net
Sun Dec 29 18:44:03 UTC 2019

Hi Angela,

It is so nice to see your post today.

And, such a good topic for us all to consider.

I think that the amount of time we spend writing depends on the intentions as  we have –

what do we want to accomplish?

Where do we want to go in our writing life?

What are we thinking about in regards to our work?

What do we want our product to look like, or be?

Yes,, it is W O R K.   It is our work. It’s what we do.

Writing and making art are, for me, an avocation and a passion – I work at what I do every day, and often well into the nights – it is my normal way of life. The work is on my mind all the time. If I am not working, I am thinking of working.

Time does not exist when I am working.  I enter that place of timelessness, where we dwell  most of the time as creative people.  I learned many years ago that “When the muse arrives you’d better be standing at your easel.”  A quote by Glen Brunken, painter.

Barbara, your Bible study sounds fantastic. I love the title of it and I know your poem will reflect what you are learning or studying in the course. And, it is so interesting that your topic  is about “colour,” which means something unique and different for you.

I’ve been working on developing my Mission Statement in the past couple of months. I’ve also been working on my end-of-the-year introspective  reflections as I do each year near the end of December. Along with that, I have been choosing only One Word that will be my Word for the entire year – and this sets my intentions for the year. This will be year 6 for this practice and the results are stunning.  On January 1 of the past 5 years, I had the word come into my thoughts and knew it was the One Word for the year.

I love hearing about what others are doing in their work, so please join in the conversation.

I posted my end-of-the-year reflections and search for my Mission Statement on my blog today at:

www.lyndalambert.com <http://www.lyndalambert.com>

Sending you all my best regards for a productive and challenging New Year in your work.

Lynda