[Stylist] announcement of Nfb Writers Division 2019 contest winners

Shelley Alongi alongi.shelley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 02:31:39 UTC 2019

Announcement of NFB Writers' Division 2019 Writing Contest Winners

On Sunday June 23rd we announced the winners of the NFB Writers' Division contests in youth and adult poetry, fiction and nonfiction categories. We also sponsored a youth writing contest in which there were no entries for the second consecutive year.

If you would like to hear a recorded version of the announcement as well as other housekeeping notes, please dial the following number and access code. Please note the dial-in number and access code are different from our regular ones. You may call this number at any time to hear the announcement.
(605)475-4977 access code: 611782 followed by the pound sign. When you are prompted enter the pound sign to hear the recording. The recording is approximately twelve minutes in length.

The winners of the adult fiction, nonfiction and poetry contest are listed below.

Adult poetry Winners
Honorable mention A to Z Vacation, Marilyn Smith
There was no third place awarded this year.

Second place Fifteenth Summer Marilyn Smith

First Place Elogy for my Hands, Wes Sims

Adult Fiction Winners

Third place Shawn Jacobson All Prayers end in Bingo

There was no second place winner.

First place A Heart Felt Revenge, Bonnie Blose

Nonfiction Winners

There was no honorable mention or third place awarded.

Second Place: Bathrooms for the Blind, Marsha Wick.

First Place Bed, Bath but not Beyond Janet Di Nola Parmerter

Contest entries this year were varied and interesting. It is always interesting what the creative imagination can produce. We hope you'll start considering your work for the 20/20 Writing contest to be announced later this year. Now, take your work, improve it and get it out there. Thank you to everyone who was brave enough to stick your nekc out. Keep Dreaming and Writing!

See you on the phone in August.

Shelley, Queen of Bells  Out!
First Vice President, NFB Writers’ Division
Editor, Slate and Style
Email: Queenofbells at outlook.com with submissions
List of Self-published Books
Christ Crush: Poems and a Story