[Stylist] basic tutorial on prepping docs for sighted readers

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 16:00:38 UTC 2019

More great suggestions! As I told Annie privately the other day, I am going
to copy/paste much of them into a Word doc I can refer back to as needed. I
did have a little experience with APA during my student days long, long ago,
but of course have forgotten quite a bit-though I may still have the
hardcopy Braille doc of instructions. At this point, I have a chapbook draft
awaiting my fine-tuning (on a thumb drive; I know this sounds dumb, and
maybe someone could also give me pointers on this-I am deathly afraid of
losing all that work through a stupid thumb drive mistake I might make in
trying to save the material once I do finish the fine-tuning; so, could
someone explain using a thumb drive-the only successful experience I've ever
had is using the NLS carts with the BARD site, so I am a total newbie at
anything but editing right on my desktop computer)! I have a draft novel,
which I think is in OpenBook awaiting more attention. Also considering
church newsletter articles, and/or a little church lit mag, and you never
know where life may take you career-wise-I might someday be tasked with
doing some PR materials. So, I have given a bit of thought about the idea
you've all presented: that graphics are less preferred except for PR and
advertising-that was my hunch. You're all giving me a lot to run with, which
I appreciate more than I can say.

Sandra

Something is wrong, I know it, if I don't keep my attention on eternity. May
I be the tiniest nail in the house of the universe, tiny but useful.

(Mary Oliver)