[Stylist] Sharing an Author

llambert at zoominternet.net llambert at zoominternet.net
Sat Mar 23 13:09:15 UTC 2019

Good Saturday Moring from my little writing office in western Pennsylvania.

It's pretty frosty here, with a light dusting of snow - and cold. But is
sunny.

All in all, a very lovely morning.

I wanted to share some information with you and a blog post that just went
live this morning.

First, I am giving my 2 most important tips for doing an interview on my
blog for Saturday is for Sharing, which is a special feature I do on
published authors.

Second, I give you the link to the one that went live today.

With a dusting of snow on the ground and cool temps, the birds are not
dismayed - they are singing and the sun is brightening up the morning.

I just completed work on the 18th Guest Author for Saturday is for Sharing.

This is such a nice way to help promote our fellow authors and I love doing
these pieces with them.

My interviews go much deeper than a description of their book or the typical
over-views of their writing life.

With each new guest, I learn so much about what has made them the
outstanding people they have become.

I've learned so much from my guests during the past 9 months we have been
doing the interviews together.

I actually prepare and create the interviews the same as the way I
encouraged students in my classrooms at Geneva College.

Here are my TWO  tips for successful interviews:

First and Most important tip:

We engage in conversations numerous times during the process of developing
their interviews. We laugh together and we share our personal lives with
each other along the way. It is important that I know them, personally, and
it is equally important that they know me and my expectations for presenting
them.

How Do I do this?

Once an author is selected, we keep in touch with each other so that there
are no questions they may have that would be unanswered about the process we
have engaged in.

As a professor, I  am aware of the need for personal support ,
encouragement, and  steady communications well before the students did their
final papers or presentation. This is the skill I bring to my interviews for
Saturday is for Sharing. I want them to be fully aware that  this is a
partnership and the outcomes are what we plan together. A guest should never
feel like she is "lost at sea," but she should feel excited and  honored to
be a featured guest. It truly is an honor, for both of us as we work
together.

Second:  I believe that  an interview or special feature, is a gift.  We are
working together   to share them with the world via social media.  We all
have unique gifts from our Creator, and I've always known that mine is the
Gift of Encouragement.  There is nothing more that I love to do than promote
another person who is outstanding  in the arts.

An INVITATION:

My latest "Saturday is for Sharing" Author's Interview,  just went  live
today - She  is the Virginia author, Butterfly Thomas, who is perfect for
the first week of Spring. She is a warm and delightful young author, so full
of energy and enthusiasm for life and for her work. We talked together many
times over the past weeks as she was preparing for this interview. I think
you will find her to be delightful and intelligent and a woman of courage
and determination.

I believe if you can go to the link you will really enjoy  the interview
today.

Here is the link:  https://llambert363.blog/2019/03/23/butterfly-thomas/

See you at the top!

Lynda Lambert

About Lynda McKinney Lambert

On FaceBook:

My FaceBook Personal Page <https://www.facebook.com/lyndamckinneylambert>

River Road Studio Page
<https://www.facebook.com/River-Road-Studio-175785105811956/>

Walking by Inner Vision Page
<https://www.facebook.com/walkingbyinnervision/>

My SCAN BLOG Page <https://www.facebook.com/SCAN-782814908467623/>

Visit my 2 Blogs:

 <http://www.lyndalambert.com/> Website & Blog:  Walking by Inner Vision -
personal blog

Scan Blog <http://www.llambert363.blog/>  - A quiet Place of Inspiration. We
love Art, Nature, Literature

More information on my books:

My Author's Page <http://www.dldbooks.com/lyndalambert>

Buy the book on Amazon - for $3.99
<https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Inner-Vision-Stories-Poems/dp/1543121624/ref
=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1532177952&sr=1-1&keywords=Walking+by+Inner+Visi
on>

Walking by Inner Vision: Stories
<https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Inner-Vision-Stories-Poems/dp/1543121624/ref
=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1532177952&sr=1-1&keywords=Walking+by+Inner+Visi
on> & Poems

Contact Lynda:  riverwoman at zoominternet.net
<mailto:riverwoman at zoominternet.net>

Address: 104 River Road, Ellwood City, PA 16117