[Stylist] Here's that Poem.

Barbara HAMMEL poetlori8 at msn.com
Wed May 8 15:16:56 UTC 2019

Hey, Guys, here’s that close rhyme poem I was working on.  I’m not at all satisfied with it so if you have any suggestions for word substitutes I’d be happy to entertain them  The only criteria, it seems, for this poem is that the lines all must have eleven syllables.  I like the flow best of the beginning lines.  Also, if format does not come through, besides eleven syllable lines, this poem is formatted in couplets.

       HISH EYES
       by Barbara Hammel

Those little golden harbingers of springtime
That dot the green with fallen rays of sunshine,

Which honeybees do relish with great pleasure,
But folks always fight an annual battle,

They are the bane of those who want perfection.
To some they're good for wine or tea or salad.

They dot the green with fallen rays of sunshine,
The precious coins of treasured childhood delight,

That bright bouquet most every mom's been gifted
And some of them, their blooms her tears have misted,

And the wishing-flowers when they're white puffballs.
They are food for some with wings and some with paws,

Those little golden harbingers of springtime,
The clarion call to bird and bee alike

That blossoms are forthcoming all around us,
We all hate to love the bright Taraxacum.

You may know that it means lion's tooth in French.
You may recognize its sweet, green, butter scent.

I used to see them with eyes you're looking through
Till autism gave me another point of view.

What you may perceive to be an ugly weed
Are now pretty Chinese sunflowers to me.