[Stylist] Close rhymes

Barbara HAMMEL poetlori8 at msn.com
Tue May 7 01:21:06 UTC 2019

Wow! As a triditionally rhyming poet, this poem I'm currently working on isn't ... exactly. I have chosen to use close end-rhymes. I forget exactly which ones they are called. They have the same vowel sound but not the sam consonant sound. That's a feminine rhyme, in old terms, right? Or is it a slant rhyme, like when springtime rhymes with sunshine. In my mind this is a terrible poem but when I get it finished, I'll post it here because you'll find it quite intriguing — that is, the subject of it.    Barbara Hammel