[Stylist] Becoming a book editor

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Mon May 20 18:24:49 UTC 2019

Hi all,
I have really enjoyed being on this list, and appreciated the feedback I have been given over the years to improve my writing.
I have one more year of college as an English major to go, and have been exploring career options. My involvement with jury duty last year prompted me to get a legal internship this summer, which starts next week.
I am doing very well in school, but as I have continued with my English classes, I've realized that, while I enjoy reading and love investing time in the creative activities I have completed, I have little interest in writing essays, and even less interest in research papers. That would make becoming an English teacher rather difficult.
I am considering the possibility of becoming an editor. The job outlook looks OK, but I wanted to hear from others about the advantages and drawbacks of editing for a living.
Thank you all for your time.
Sincerely,
Vejas