[Stylist] A Poem and a recording for you

llambert at zoominternet.net llambert at zoominternet.net
Tue Nov 19 19:26:44 UTC 2019

Dear Writers,

I hope November is bringing you new insights in your writing life.

Winter is the most inspiring season, to me, and I celebrate the coming
months with anticipation and high expectations.

First, I posted a poem today on SCAN-a-BLOG, and I included a voice
recording of me reading this poem. It is called, "Morning Hour," and I wrote
in on a frosty wintry day in the predawn light. My office was on the second
floor of our home at that time, and I sat at my computer working, as this
poem came to me.

This poem is included in my new chapbook, first snow, that will be released
by Finishing Line Press on January 3, 2020. This has been an exciting
journey working with FLP, and the remarkable people who do the various parts
of publishing fine quality books of poetry on archival paper. As a visual
artist, this is something I value so much. Poetry, to me, is fine art. And,
I think that presenting my poetry as a work of fine art is most appropriate.

One other thing I loved is that they used one of my photographs for creating
the cover. The photo shows my 2 rescued dogs, ploughing through the snow -
headed towards the woods that surrounds our rural home in The village of
Wurtemburg, in western PA.  I shot this view from behind the dogs - and I
love the fact that these precious dogs that were abandoned by their former
owners, are now frozen in time on the cover of a book of poetry.  I tell
them, "Thank you for coming into our life and I am so thrilled that you will
be remembered by so many people every time they pick up this book, forever."
This is the most wonderful way that they can be honored. One was  abused for
months, then thrown out on a winter day in the woods on our road. She was
left to starve and freeze. The other, was abandoned by her family who had
her for 10 years - they moved away, leaving her alone in an empty house.
Fortunately, a neighbor found her and we traveled to North Carolina to adopt
her.

My best to everyone and please keep writing no matter what comes into your
life - your writing matters, now and in the future. Lynda

Here is the link to the poem, "Morning Hour," and the recording I did today.

Enjoy it and thanks to all of you who so kindly supported this project - I
am overwhelmed at the positive response I am receiving from so many friends.

https://llambert363.blog/2019/11/19/morning-hour-poem/

Lynda

My Books

first snow, chapbook
<https://www.finishinglinepress.com/product/first-snow-by-lynda-mckinney-lam
bert/>

Star Signs: New and Selected Poems
<https://www.amazon.com/Star-Signs-New-Selected-Poems/dp/1075265436/ref=sr_1
_2?keywords=Lynda+McKinney+Lambert&qid=1570213785&s=books&sr=1-2>

Walking by Inner Vision: Stories
<https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Inner-Vision-Stories-Poems/dp/B07S45ZY39/ref
=sr_1_1?keywords=Lynda+McKinney+Lambert&qid=1570213669&s=books&sr=1-1> &
Poems

Concerti: Psalms for the Pilgrimage
<https://www.amazon.com/Concerti-Psalms-Pilgrimage-Lynda-Lambert/dp/19293591
87/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=Lynda+Lambert&qid=1570213942&s=books&sr=1-6>

E-books on Smashwords

Social Media

Lynda's Author Page at Amazon <https://www.amazon.com/author/lyndalambert>

Lynda's Page at DLD Books <http://www.dldbooks.com/lyndalambert/>