[Stylist] Recommended magazines or journals to submit to

llambert at zoominternet.net llambert at zoominternet.net
Wed Nov 27 23:11:07 UTC 2019

Osman, since you are a university student, your school probably has a literary magazine.
Check into it and see what you have to do to submit your work to the magazine.  This is how I got started - while working on my BFA - I learned about the literary magazine and had my first publications in both art and poetry printed in them. When I went on to grad school for the MFA, I learned about a newspaper that was associated with the university - and saw that they published poetry. I sent mine, and the rest is history. It's a great way to begin testing the waters. You will gain confidence as your work becomes published in a variety of ways, and from there, you can begin researching literary magazines  right at your university library.  You can actually pick up the magazines at your library - they usually carry many of them.  Your library can also get interlibrary loans of other magazines for you so you can check them out to see if your work might fit. They are all different, and as you look, you will begin to see where you might have a good chance of success.
Good luck and keep the entries going out - you will be quite successful if you work at it regularly. Begin submitting on a schedule - figure out what you might do - and then be consistent in doing it. Lynda Lambert